Last week I went Sephora to repurchase a few of my favorite makeup products. These are all products that I have been using for a long time and because I love them so much I keep repurchasing them.
NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base – I have used this primer for many years. My eyeshadow will stay put all day and all night with this stuff. Since I don’t wear eyeshadow every day this tube lasts me for over a year.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – I have been using this concealer for years. I have tried a few others over the years but none of them were as good as this one. It is buildable and it stays put. One tube lasts me about a year. Vanilla is the shade that I use.
Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation – You have all heard me talk about how much I love this foundation before. It does have a bit of a matte finish but it is not drying or cakey. It is pretty lightweight and it lasts for sixteen hours.I also feel like it makes my face look flawless. This is something that never happens to me, but one time while I was shopping a makeup artist asked me what I foundation I had on and he told me that my skin looked amazing. That made my day! 🙂 1N2 Vanille is the shade that I wear and a bottle lasts me nine months to a year.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel – I am going to first admit that I did not start using brow gel until a year ago. My brows can get unruly and sometimes I feel like they are a lot of work to maintain. This stuff has been my lifesaver though haha. I even use it on days where I am not wearing makeup I love it so much. It also works well with the pencil that I use. One tube lasts me three-six months.
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day! 🙂
Jeans – old similar versions here and here.
Since the weather has been so nice this week I decided to snap some outfit photos. I bought this top a few weeks ago. Anything that is either purple, pink, or a combination of the two I love. 🙂 I wore it with my white jeans that I have had for a few years. I was not able to link the exact pair because the Paige Denim website is being redesigned so I linked two similar options. My top is available in two other colors too. I linked everything above but please reach out to me if you have any questions. 🙂
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that you all have a great day! 🙂
Today I wanted to do a review on some books that I have recently read. I am thinking about doing a book review post once a month too so stay tuned! 🙂
That Month in Tuscany by Inglath Cooper Lizzy and her husband Ty are about to take a long-planned anniversary trip to Italy but Ty backs out at the last-minute. He expects her to continue to be the perfect wife and get over it but instead she decides to go alone. While she is on the plane she meets Ren who also happens to be a famous rock star. The two of them end up bonding and touring around Italy together. Ren was my favorite character and I was rooting for him the entire time. I did not like Lizzy at first but then she grew on me. The ONLY thing that I did not like about this book is there is a bit of a random plot twist and I personally don’t think that it was necessary. I just did not see how it fit into the rest of the story. Other than that this is a great story about friendship, love, and how to be true to yourself.
The Alice Network by Kate Quinn Since a lot of people read this book and raved about it I decided to read too. This is the story of two women, Eve and Charlie. Eve is recruited to the real-life Alice Network in France during World War I. Charlie is an American socialite searching for her cousin. The book goes back and forth between 1915 and 1947. I thought that Eve’s story was incredible. There were parts that were hard to read but it was really good. Charlie’s story was good but I did not like it as much as Eve’s. I found Charlie to be arrogant and really annoying at times. I also feel like I would have preferred if the book was only about Eve and her spy colleagues because I enjoyed that part. I hate to be a little negative in my review of this book but I want to be honest. I would recommend reading it though so that you can form your own opinion.
In the Light of the Garden by Heather Burch This story is about a girl named Charity who inherits her grandparents’ home on Gaslamp Island in Florida’s Golf Coast. She makes a few new friends and also learns some secrets about her family. This story is about family, friendship and love. It is also about faith and hope. I loved it. It was so heartwarming and just so good.
The Sometimes Sisters by Carolyn Brown This is the story of three sisters Dana, Harper, and Tawny. After their grandmother passes away she leaves them her lakeside resort in Texas. They are all very different people who don’t really get along and they have to find a way to work together. I loved this book and all of the characters. This is a wonderful story about family, hope, and love.
What are you currently reading?
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day! 🙂
I am so sorry for not posting for a while. I meant to post this last week but then life got in the way and I did not have a chance to. The past few weeks have also been busy. I will try to most as often as possible while I continue to enjoy the summer. Today I wanted to share my thoughts on some beauty products that I have recently tried.
- Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – I started using this after my other moisturizer ran out. It has been great for the summer because it is lightweight and it is not greasy. I also get the sun protection that I need.
- Cetaphil Gentle foaming Facial Cleanser – I have been using this cleanser for a few months now and I love it. I have decided to stick with this one and never go back to my old one. It does not dry out my skin and I always feel refreshed after I use it.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Honey – I finally decided to try this stuff after hearing so much about it. I love it. It is hydrating and pretty pigmented. I also think that it has pretty good staying power. It also like to sometimes combine it with other lip colors. I went with the Honey color because I wanted something neutral but it is available in other colors.
- Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple Volume Plumping Lash Primer – Since I use Diorshow mascara I decided to try it with their primer. You can also use this at night as a treatment since there is a serum in it. I know that this stuff is pricey but seriously it works really well and it makes my lashes look amazing.
Thank you all so much for stopping by and I hope that you all have a great day!
I am so sorry for not posting for a little bit. Life got in the way and I just did not get around to posting anything. But I am back and I am excited to share more fun things so stay tuned!
A few weeks ago I went on a search to find a summer dress. Something that I could wear casual or dressed up. Every single dress that I tried on I either just did not like or it did not fit me well at all. I ordered this dress online because they didn’t have my size in the store and I was thrilled when I tried it on. It fit me perfectly and I have so many ideas on how to style it. In these photos I wore it with my peep toe booties and denim jacket. I plan on wearing it with my oxford’s, flat sandals and ballet flats. It would also be cute with sneakers. It is super comfortable and I plan on taking it with me on trips to warm places and wearing it a ton here. It is also available in a ton of colors.
All of the details are linked below but please feel free to reach out to me with any questions. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!
Dress / Booties – old similar here and here /Sunglasses/ Denim Jacket
I hope that you all enjoyed the long holiday weekend. Today I wanted to switch gears and share my review on some books that I have recently read.
- A Lady Hardcastle Mystery (3 Book Series) – I randomly came across this series on Amazon a while ago. I loved every single book in this series. Lady Hardcastle and her maid/close friend move from London to the countryside because they want a quiet life. However, they quickly learn that life in the country is not as quiet as they thought it would be. Each book is murder mystery. I do want to say that they are not disturbing or gory murders. They are funny and filled with adventure taking place in the early 1900’s. I am hoping that the author will continue this series and I highly recommend reading all three books.
- Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand – This is another book that takes place in the English countryside. Major as he is known as in the local village, forms a friendship with a local shop owner named Jasmina, or Mrs. Ali as she is known as. They are both widows and they also love literature which causes their friendship to grow into something more. This book was so funny and also very heartwarming. I loved the two main characters and rooted for them the whole time. This is a wonderful story about friendship, love and acceptance.
- Digging In – Paige has been a widow for two years and she is still grieving. She is struggling to keep her life together. Her house is a mess, she barely cares about her appearance, and she is at risk of loosing her job. She is also struggling to have a relationship with her teenage son. One night when she is standing in her yard she starts digging. She ends up digging a huge hole and decides to grow a vegetable garden. This story was hilarious and also heartwarming. It is about healing and also about friendship. Loved it.
- From A Paris Balcony – Sarah is an art curator living in Boston. She is grieving the loss of her parents and also the end of her marriage. While she is cleaning out her father’s closet, she finds a letter from the famous Parisian courtesan Marthe de Florian, from 1895. The letter is about her great-great-aunt Louisa’s death. Sarah decides to travel to Paris to find the truth about her family. The story goes back and forth between Sarah in the present day and Louisa in the 1890’s. While there are some sad parts to this story, overall it was wonderful.
- If I Die Tonight – I don’t read too many thrillers but this one sounded interesting so I read it. It is about an incident that takes place in a small Hudson Valley town. A teenage boy is run over during a carjacking involving a former 80’s pop singer. The main suspect becomes another boy named Wade who is labeled as an outcast. The book is told from four viewpoints: Wade’s mother Jackie, his younger brother Connor, Aimee En who is a former pop star, and Pearl, who is a young police officer. This is definitely a page turner and it will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat!
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine – This story is about a thirty-year-old woman named Eleanor. She is socially inept, lives alone, and she doesn’t have any friends. She has also been through a lot in her life. Her life begins to change when she meets Raymond, the new IT guy at work. The two of them end up saving an old man named Sammy who has fallen and they become friends. The friendship between Eleanor and Raymond is wonderful. Even though there are some sad parts in this book there are also some hilarious parts. I loved all of the characters and the story. When I finished this book I could not stop thinking about it I loved it so much.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you all have a great day!!